An ergonomic injury is one that occurs when there is ongoing exposure to work risk factors.
These factors include:
- Awkward or sustained posture.
- Forceful exertion or strain.
- Prolonged activity.
- Repetitive movement.
An injury is normally caused by a combination of the above factors. These injuries can affect the muscles, nerves, tendons, ligament and joints. The signs to look out for include
- Pain in the fingers or wrists.
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or fingers.
- Loss of muscle function or weakness.
- Discomfort or pain in the shoulders, neck or back.
- Reduced range of movement.
Here at Twickenham Health Care we can help you by identifying the cause of the pain and by assessing your work posture to prevent the injury from reoccurring.